The contest runs from January 10th through April 10th, 2020
The theme of the contest this year is «Numbers»
First prize: A five-day stay in the island of Serifos
First three winners’ stories published in two different anthologies (Greek and English).
All the stories of the shortlist will be published in a special English edition, released through amazon.com & strange days books.All shortlisted writers get a free copy of the book!
Entry fee: 10 €
Judge: Gregory Papadoyiannis
RULES OF THE CONTEST
* Theme of the contest: Numbers
*Entries must be short stories, of any genre, maximum length is 2,500 words and must be previously unpublished in a book, printed magazine or web-based journal. Entries must be in English.
* The contest closes at midnight UTC on 10th of April
*This is an international contest. There is no restriction such as nationality etc of the author, but you have to be 18 years old on the 11th of January 2020 to enter the contest or to send a parental permission.
* No “eyelands” editor, judge, or relative of theirs, is allowed to enter.
* Entries must be submitted electronically (see below).
* Winners and the shortlist to be announced on June 10th, 2020
* Copyright of manuscripts remains to the author.
* In addition to the story being published on http://www.eyelands.gr, the author’s acceptance of the prize gives eyelands.gr the right to include the story in the anthology that will appear in book form. Entry grants permission to include the three prize winners and the shortlisted stories in the book which will be published and will be available from “Strange Days” publications.
* There is a limit for the stories to be published in the anthology: no more than 25. In case we receive more than 200 submissions.
* There will be two collections of stories – one that will be published in Greek including the translated stories of the first three winners of the English Section and another one with all the shortlisted stories of the English Section.
All prize-winners and shortlisted writers have to renew their approval of the publishing of the anthology till the 1st of October, 2020.
PRIZES & HONORABLE MENTIONS
First prize is a 5 day holiday on the island of Serifos in August 2020. The grand prize winning writer will be a guest of honour and present his/her story and his/her work in the 6th Sand Festival. Air tickets not included. First prize winner also gets a handmade ceramic gift.
The three prize winners will also get a free copy of the book with the winning stories of our contest & certification document plus publication in the anthology of the shortlisted stories of the contest (Greek section), translated in Greek –and of course a free copy of this book too!
- All the shortlisted stories will be published in the anthology. The book will be released through “Strange Days” publications and www.amazon.com in November, 2020. All the shortlisted writers will also get a free copy of the book!
- An interview with the first prize winner will also be featured in eyelands.gr
- In case the first prize winner does not claim the prize of staying in Serifos till the end of the 10th of July 2020, the second (and then the third) prize winner will be notified in order to take her/his place.
NOTE: Free entry for the prize-winning writers of previous eyelands contests